Beef is a great meat to enjoy while on the keto diet. It provides a great source of protein and calories. Here is an amazing recipe for Keto Beef Stew.
Keto Beef Stew
- 2 lb beef chuck roast cut into 1" pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1` medium carrot, peeled and cut into rounds
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 6 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp freshly chopped rosemary
- Pat beef dry with paper towels and season well with salt and pepper. In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Working in batches, add beef and sear on all sides until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from pot and repeat with remaining beef, adding more oil as necessary.
- To the same pot, add mushrooms and cook until golden and crispy, 5 minutes. Add onion, carrots, and celery and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add tomato paste and stir to coat vegetables.
- Add broth, thyme, rosemary, and beef to pot and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer until beef is tender, 50 minutes to an hour.