Blueberries are so healthy for you, and they are one of the few Keto-friendly fruits. Who doesn’t love a moist, blueberry muffin for breakfast?
The net carbs are about six for each serving, and the hearty, moist cake hits the spot. Pair these with a delicious cup of coffee with a hint of cinnamon and some stevia, and you’ve got a bakery worthy breakfast.
The glaze is simply the icing on the cake you’ve been missing with this sweet free diet.
Keto Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 6 tbsp granulated sweetener
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp lemon extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 6 tbsp milk of choice
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F and grease a muffin tin or 12-count silicone muffin pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all your dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, add the rest of your ingredients, except your blueberries, and mix well. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in your blueberries and let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Evenly distribute the muffin batter amongst 10-12 of the muffin cups, about 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 19-25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow cooling in the pan for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack. Drizzle coconut butter over the muffins and let them cool completely.